2x2x1 CuboidThese 3D printable extensions will help you make your own 2x2x1 cuboid
2x2x1 Cuboid 3D printed extensions
These 3D printed extensions will allow more people to make/own a 2x2x1 cuboid. Anyone can have a set of these extensions 3D printed and then glue them onto a mini Eastsheen (keychain) 2x2x2 to transform it into a 2x2x1 cuboid.
You have the option to only glue on the extensions onto a base puzzle with little or no finishing for a rough looking, but still playable puzzle. Or, if you are more of a modder, you can fill, sand and paint the puzzle for a more polish looking 4×4 bump cube.
In the near future, I hope to add some build tips for applying these extensions and possibly even some sort of build videos to help demonstrate how these extensions can be used. In the meantime, you are welcome to contact me or join the Facebook group Puzzle Modders Anonymous for additional assistance with puzzle modding. If you are new to modding I would encourage you to subscribe to Nathan Wilson’s YouTube Channel for tons of use modding related information and tips.
- These extensions are specifically built to fit the specified base puzzle. They may or may not fit other puzzles.
- All my tests were FDM printed in ABS material (black or white), but PLA should work equally well.
- I would recommend 100 micron layers; 150 micron layers also produced acceptable parts, but I would not go higher than 200 micron layers.
- You can purchase any of my extensions in a kit (with stickers) from Oliver’s Stickers.
- Stickers can be purchased at Oliver’s Stickers
DOWNLOADS2x2x1 (Eastsheen mini) extensions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
These extension are an adaptation of a mod I first saw done by RedKB. You can see his video below.