4x4x4 Bump Cube (Mirror Blocks)These 3D printable extensions will help you create your own 4x4 bump cube
4x4x4 Bump Cube (Mirror Blocks) 3D Printed Extensions
These 3D printed extensions will allow more people to make/own a 4x4 bump cube. Anyone can have a set of these extensions 3D printed and then glue them onto the specified 4x4 to create a 4x4 bump cube.
You have the option to only glue on the extensions onto a base puzzle with little or no finishing for a rough looking, but still playable puzzle. Or, if you are more of a modder, you can fill, sand and paint the puzzle for a more polish looking 4x4 bump cube.
In the near future, I hope to add some build tips for applying these extensions and possibly even some sort of build videos to help demonstrate how these extensions can be used. In the meantime, you are welcome to contact me or join the Facebook group Puzzle Modders Anonymous for additional assistance with puzzle modding. If you are new to modding I would encourage you to subscribe to Nathan Wilson’s YouTube Channel for tons of use modding related information and tips.
- These extensions are specifically built to fit the specified base puzzle. They may or may not fit other puzzles.
- I prefer the Kung Fu Cang Feng as a base puzzle for these extensions.
- All my tests were FDM printed in ABS material (black or white), but PLA should work equally well.
- I would recommend 100 micron layers; 150 micron layers also produced acceptable parts, but I would not go higher than 200 micron layers.
- You can purchase many of my extensions in a kit (with stickers) from Oliver’s Stickers.
- Stickers can be purchased at Oliver’s Stickers
The following extensions will work on the Kung Fu Cang Feng, Moyu Aosu (62mm), MoFang JiaoShi MF4S, etc.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
JRCuber made two really great videos about puzzles made with these extensions… one unboxing video and one solve video.
Two more very nice videos from Greg’s Puzzle Page by Grégoire Pfennig who is a master puzzle designer & modder. I sent him a 4x4x4 bump cube that I made for him using the Kung Fu Cang Feng extensions.
Check you this very nice review from Speed Cube Review of a 4x4 bump cube I made for him using these extensions.