4x6x8 CuboidThese 3D printable extensions will help you make your own 4x6x8 cuboid
4x6x8 Cuboid – 3D printed extensions
These 3D printed extensions will allow more people to make/own a 4x6x8 cuboid. Anyone can have a set of these extensions 3D printed and then glue them onto the proper 8x8x8 puzzle. The extensions will bandage and extend the 8×8 and transform it into a 4x6x8 cuboid.
You have the option to only glue on the extensions onto a base puzzle with little or no finishing for a rough looking, but still playable puzzle. Or, if you are more of a modder, you can fill the seams, sand things, and paint the puzzle for a more polished looking 3x5x7 cuboid.
In the near future, I hope to add some build tips for applying these extensions and possibly even some sort of build videos to help demonstrate how these extensions can be used. In the meantime, you are welcome to contact me or join the Facebook group Puzzle Modders Anonymous for additional assistance with puzzle modding. If you are new to modding I would encourage you to subscribe to Nathan Wilson’s YouTube Channel for tons of use modding related information and tips.
- THESE EXTENSIONS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED – PROCEED WITH CAUTION
- These extensions are specifically built to fit the specified base puzzle. They may or may not fit other puzzles.
- I would recommend 100 micron layers; 150 micron layers also produced acceptable parts, but I would not go higher than 200 micron layers.
- You can purchase many of my extensions in a kit (with stickers) from Oliver’s Stickers.
- Stickers can be purchased at Oliver’s Stickers
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.